Trade show booths are an important mode of promotion. Big, medium or small, it does not matter what the size of business is, every business needs to create brand awareness. Big well known brands need to maintain their brand image, hence the need for advertising, while small and medium sized businesses need to either create or improve their brand image for which they need publicity. Trade show booths are a great way to project your brand. Here we discuss how trade show booths help to augment brand awareness.
- New Business
If you are a new entrant in the market, you have to start from the scratch and create a brand image to start with. The first impression is often the last impression so you have to position your brand in a manner that is most impactful. With a trade show booth, you can project your brand exactly the way you want to and interact with clientele on a first hand basis like answering their queries, giving live demos, highlight your product features and convince them about why they should choose you instead of your competitors.
- New Products
You may be an established business with a reputed brand doing well. But if you have added a new product line or launched a new product, you need to convey that to your existing clients and there could be no better way than trade show booths to do that. Marketing is all about how you project your brand, so efforts in this case are no less than that of a new brand.
There are some basic steps that you need to follow if you are planning for marketing and promotion through trade shows.
- Do a good research on the shows. Your choice of show would depend on whether you are targeting an international, national or local audience. Choose a show that would give you maximum exposure to your niche.
- Delve into your competitor’s activities and strategies. You have to project your brand differently from your competitors and yet be unique.
- Pay close attention to the visual appeal of the booth. It has to aesthetically appealing, colorful, prominently designed, spacious, well lit, so that everything adds up to the brand image. You may want to display a lot of information about your product, but do not over do and make your booth appear cluttered.
- Consistency in activities across all media is important in marketing. The color, logo, business cards, website, brochures, pamphlets, etc. all across should be uniform so that people can recognize your brand anywhere. Whatever is on display at your booth should reflect elsewhere as well.
- Make sure that you are present every year at the same shows, to create a continual and lasting impression. This way you can constantly upgrade product information at regular intervals and inform clients about the changes.